The club was formed in 1953 and has since practised in the dojo at the
Railway Institute Gymnasium, Queens Street, York.
The dojo has a permanent mat area on a wood floor and has access to large changing/showering facilities.
The club was one of the first group of seven judo clubs in the UK to achieve the Sport England Bronze Clubmark.
- promote the philosophy & ethics of the sport of judo
- provide the highest quality of instruction & coaching
- encourage & support players to compete in competitions and gradings
The club is a registered member of the British Judo Association (BJA reg. number 934)
Normally there are two training sessions per week, Monday and Friday evenings.
A third session, theory only runs periodically on a Wednesday evening.
A registered British Judo Association coach supervises all training sessions.
All sessions are open to male and female players.
People with disabilities should not be discouraged from giving the sport a try.
Christmas 2015: Last session Friday 18th Dec
New Year 2016: First session Monday 4th Jan Monday & Friday
- 8-14 years 19:00 to 20:00 pm
- 14+ & adults 20:00 to 21:30 pm
- 14+ & adults 19:00 to 20:00 : Check with club coaches that this class is available
- Bev Bunyan 5th Dan, Level III, Senior Examiner
- Graham Capper 5th Dan, Level III, Examiner
- Jamie Bunyan 4th Dan, Level III, Senior Examiner
- Phil Jay 3rd Dan, Level II, Personal Safety Adviser
- Eoin O'Cuinneagain 1st Dan, Level II
- Sandra Bell 1st Dan, Level II
- David Banks 1st Dan, Level II
- Karen Pratt 1st Kyu, Level II
- Sean Walker 1st Kyu, Level II
Junior beginners are integrated into the main classes after a series of tailored personal sessions,
The minimum age is 8 years old. To book a class use one of the contacts above.
Judo is a contact sport and those under the age of 16 will require parental consent to participate.
Senior beginners are welcome to attend any senior session.
This membership is renewable annually, normally in September.
- General Information - John Bunyan on 01904 700693
- Coaches - Bev & Jamie via email: bevjam'AT'aol.com